In the past I have done years in the review over at Driven Media Group blog where I’ve reviewed the previous 12 months. A year in review to see if I have learned anything. Now, I’m about a week late since turning 31 and doing a write-up but what are you going to do. It has been an interesting year. A few of things off the top I’m proud of:
– We welcomed our baby girl this March. It has been an eye opener for me. Not because its a girl but a baby and it has been over 6 years since we’ve had a baby in the house. Thank God she was able to sleep through the night after a couple months.
– This time last year I moved into a new position at Lamar Advertising and I am getting to the point where I am understanding it. Although there is still much to learn in it I am liking the challenge.
– I got my tonsils and adenoids taken out. This was a painful process but thankful I was able to do it. After getting sick three months in a row it was time. Although my taste buds have not been the same there is about a 1% chance I will get strep again. I like those odds.
– To go along with getting my tonsils out I have also quit drinking any type of soda and coffee. I have tried in the past but this time it has stuck I am 30 days out and have had no desire to have any.
After I do the year in the review I usually try to figure out where I would like go from here. There are a few things I would like to work on that I keep meaning to:
– Reading. I love it but can’t seem to find the time read the books I have acquired over the years. I need to plan at least 30 minutes a night.
– Clean up my digital property. I have too many domains right now that I don’t have enough time or energy to work on along with several popular key ones on top ranked sites that I haven’t been able to optimize the correct landing pages for.
– Involvement. This fall I start being the den leader for my son’s tiger’s (cub scouts) which will take up some time. I also will be working more in CultureMASHand hope to join other organizations that I can hopefully help.
While there are a few more items I hope to accomplish in the next 12 months but won’t bore you with the details.
What are your plans and goals for the next year?