So, for the past few years I have done a write-up synopsis on my dreams and goals before my birthday. A few short years ago when I turned 29 I was in a position where I wasn’t challenged. I wasn’t challenging myself for the past few years. I blame myself. I then started diving into WordPress more and more. Then into social media marketing. Then by the ripe age of 30 I was trying to figure out where the next stage of my life was going.
It was then I really tried to focus on trying to understand where my passion truly was. I then realized it was everything I was doing on side. So, last year when I turned 31 I decided to work on getting my name out there. I wanted to put my love for online to work for me full time. Yet, at the same time I was looking to do it right away. The goal was to wrap up my degree at Indiana Wesleyan University in Marketing, which by the way I will have finished by this time next year, and then hit the streets. Last year I found myself constantly involved in everything. It was great and it sucked at the same time. So, as to continue the tradition here is what I learned from the previous 12 months:
- Stop volunteering for everything: you can’t do it all and coming to realization was a little heartbreaking.
- Planning makes it all worthwhile: thanks to my wife in helping keeping the schedule right.
- Stop planning: sometimes you shouldn’t plan on everything because in reality you can’t anyway.
- Getting your name out there: I wish I did this years back when I was running Driven Media Group.
- Challenges: if you can’t challenge yourself in life then how do you enjoy it?
The next 12 months are going to prove to be quite the adventure:
- Education: finally earning my degree in marketing, as I’ve already mentioned.
- WordPress: Nowell VanHoesen and I have been working on something big I can’t wait to really start on.
- Work: In a previous post I mentioned I got a position at Ohlmann Group as a web developer, so I’m looking forward to what the next year brings.
Latest posts by Nathan Driver (see all)
- Why watching the livestream of a pregnant giraffe has gone viral - March 4, 2017
- I love WordPress and that is why I dropped out - February 20, 2017
- How Main Event Entertainment in West Chester, Ohio does false advertising - January 1, 2017