In the past I have done years in the review over at Driven Media Group blog where I’ve reviewed the previous 12 months. A year in review to see if I have learned anything. Now, I’m about a week late since turning 31 and doing a write-up but what are you going to do. It has been an interesting year. A few of things off the top I’m proud of:
– We welcomed our baby girl this March. It has been an eye opener for me. Not because its a girl but a baby and it has been over 6 years since we’ve had a baby in the house. Thank God she was able to sleep through the night after a couple months.
– This time last year I moved into a new position at Lamar Advertising and I am getting to the point where I am understanding it. Although there is still much to learn in it I am liking the challenge.
– I got my tonsils and adenoids taken out. This was a painful process but thankful I was able to do it. After getting sick three months in a row it was time. Although my taste buds have not been the same there is about a 1% chance I will get strep again. I like those odds.
– To go along with getting my tonsils out I have also quit drinking any type of soda and coffee. I have tried in the past but this time it has stuck I am 30 days out and have had no desire to have any.
After I do the year in the review I usually try to figure out where I would like go from here. There are a few things I would like to work on that I keep meaning to:
– Reading. I love it but can’t seem to find the time read the books I have acquired over the years. I need to plan at least 30 minutes a night.
– Clean up my digital property. I have too many domains right now that I don’t have enough time or energy to work on along with several popular key ones on top ranked sites that I haven’t been able to optimize the correct landing pages for.
– Involvement. This fall I start being the den leader for my son’s tiger’s (cub scouts) which will take up some time. I also will be working more in CultureMASHand hope to join other organizations that I can hopefully help.
While there are a few more items I hope to accomplish in the next 12 months but won’t bore you with the details.
What are your plans and goals for the next year?
Latest posts by Nathan Driver (see all)
- Why watching the livestream of a pregnant giraffe has gone viral - March 4, 2017
- I love WordPress and that is why I dropped out - February 20, 2017
- How Main Event Entertainment in West Chester, Ohio does false advertising - January 1, 2017