This weekend I turn 34. Yes, I know its not that old but yet with three kids you really need to add 15 to it.
This time last year some of my goals were:
- I plan on taking on Matt Cutts 30 Days challenge starting September 1st.
- Hopefully a big announcement from Dayton WordPress…if everything works out.
- Try and present at more WordCamps.
- More importantly now that we have a ‘home’ its time to spend more time with the family.
Let’s see I am happy to say that the biggest one on the list was accomplished. New home with my growing family. While stressful – its great to come home to…my home.
The next on the list was presenting at more WordCamps.
Hell yeah I have. In the past 12 months I spoke at North Canton for the second time, Columbus, Ann Arbor (In October) then was…wait for it…and Dayton. Yeah, that big announcement was Dayton having its first WordCamp. A smashing success if I do say so myself. We ended up having over 150 attendees and a great lineup of speakers. While it took me a few weeks to recover I am excited for next year.
Then there was the 30 day challenge…that didn’t work out too well, if at all.
The next 12 months:
- Organize the 2nd Dayton WordCamp (and not present)
- Release and automate side projects (more on that later)
- Build and Engage with my network
What about you what has been your personal challenge?
Latest posts by Nathan Driver (see all)
- Why watching the livestream of a pregnant giraffe has gone viral - March 4, 2017
- I love WordPress and that is why I dropped out - February 20, 2017
- How Main Event Entertainment in West Chester, Ohio does false advertising - January 1, 2017